Archive for November, 2011
Today we celebrate Thanksgiving. As we get ready to enjoy a wonderful day, and nice long weekend, I wanted to share this with you.
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to get to know you.
Thanksgiving is anticipation…
the excitement of wonderful aromas,
golden, harvest-themed décor,
the best linens, china and silver.
platters of of special Thanksgiving foods
prepared only once a year,
mmn…mmn… mouths watering,
ecstatic taste buds quivering with joy.
the family all around the table,
clean, dressed, smiles all around,
recitation of what we are thankful for,
the saying of grace,
our special Thanksgiving prayer.
And now, finally, dig in!
We are thinking of you
at Thanksgiving, and hoping
your Thanksgiving experience
will be surrounded
by a special glow in your memory.
By Joanna Fuchs
Happy Thanksgiving!!! May you be richly blessed this weekend, no matter where you are.
I’ve used a lot of website platforms since I created my first website back in 1999. Of them, I love WordPress the best! Just in time for my Website101 launch over at Website Training Academy on 11.11.11 here is a list of reasons why I love WordPress to build your massage website and it doesn’t matter if you’re a solopreneur, have a large practice or work for someone else.
1. WordPress is the SEO king! Just ask Matt Cutts, head Google engine who chooses WordPress for his own website. Check out his post where he talks about SEO and WordPress at http://www.mattcutts.com/blog/seo-for-bloggers/
2. WordPress Plugins are being created all the time to add more functionality to your website. This means that your website will be able to do pretty much anything you want or need it to do. Plugins allow you to add photo galleries, sliders, shopping carts, maps. There’s a searchable, one-click install directory for plugins (think App Store for WordPress). And you guessed it most of them are free!
3. The Content Management System (CMS) dashboard of WordPress is very user-friendly. It is very hard to break WordPress.
4. At any time you can add a blog function to your WordPress website.
5. With the design elements stored in a different location to the content you can safely update your site design at any time without losing your content.
6. You can add social media integration in just a few minutes with the easy to use plugins and widgets.
7. WordPress is built on PHP coding which readable by almost every web browser and mobile apps, so your website can be read on the go by anyone using the internet.
8. Building a business website for your massage practice on WordPress allows you to update your own website without a webmaster or designer. Having control over your website is very important.
9. You can get your website looking the way you want it to by using either free or premium themes. There are literally thousands of each.
10. WordPress is easy to install and configure.
and one last one — a bonus if you will — WordPress is a free and open source which means you can get it for free and know that it’s going to be updated and upgraded constantly keeping up with the changes on the web and adding new functionality and security on a constant basis.
What more could you ask for!
Need a new website? Head on over to Website Training Academy and check out my step-by-step video based tutorials called Website101 on how to build your own website using WordPress.