It’s a brand new year. A time when there is an opportunity for change. It’s a chance to reflect on where you are going and to focus on your dreams: What do you want to do? What do you want to become?
While you are listening to this video, let your mind roam and see what dreams are waiting to be fulfilled.
If you would like to share your dreams, post them in the comments below.
1. Started “Creating a Prosperous Practice” Blog
2. Grew my blog traffic to 160 RSS readers and broke the 100+ daily visitors mark.
3. Closed on our new condo in Costa Rica.
4. Decorated the new condo.
5. Wrote over 150 blog posts for Creating a Prosperous Practice.
6. Wrote 52 articles for BellaOnline.
7. Started to see the world in a different light.
8. Watched a bunch of movies.
9. Experienced a great deal of personal growth.
10. Made my first cross-country car trip – driving almost 6,000 miles in 28 days.
11. Learned videography after taking the Travel Channel Academy.
12. Learned that I don’t like cold weather…or snow.
13. Wrote a new Ebook called “Your Target Market, Finding Your Ideal Client”.
14. Taught countless students in various continuing education classes
15. Visited 3 national parks – Arches, Bryce Canyon and Zion. Bryce was my favorite.
16. Decluttered my office.
17. Sold tons of stuff on Ebay and Craigslist.
18. Organized my photo into albums.
19. Made lots of homemade greeting cards…including my Christmas cards.
20. Continued honing my videography skills by taking the New York Film School.
21. Took the MatadorU Travel Writing School.
22. Visited my friend in Seattle.
23. Updated my Last Will and Testament.
24. Made lots of new friends.
25. Combined my website (Massage Therapist Training Institute) and my blog (Creating a Prosperous Practice) in to one super mega site to be announced on January 4th so stay tuned.
Well, it’s been a fantastic journey to say the least. But, I just want to say thanks to every one of you who’ve visited my blog, commented, and more for all your support over the last year. I really am grateful for everything I’ve experienced and think that it was all meant to be.
What have you accomplished in 2009?
Last Monday was my birthday and because it is around the middle of the year, I use it as a point to check to see how I’m doing with my goals.
How are your yearly goals going? You do have goals, don’t you? If you don’t it is not too late. You can always start your goals now – you still have half of the year left to accomplish them. If you need some help figuring out how to write goals, check out my article New Year’s Resolutions Tips and Strategies.
So how am I doing with my goals? I will share a few of them with you – both business and personal.
1. Get Marketing Massage approved as Home Study courses. The HomeStudy Course is written and now I’m in the process of proofing it before sending it off to NCBTMB for apporval.
2. Create “Creating a Prosperous Practice” blog. I started this blog on January 1, 2009. Yes, on the very first day of the year, I completed one of my goals. Although I still have lots to learn about blogging, I am really excited about establishing this blog. I really didn’t know what to expect, but after just seven months of existence, I have had over 3000 hits. Considering it took me over 3 months to get to the first 1000 hits, I say that things are going pretty well.
1. Declutter office. If I would grading myself on this goal, I would give me a C+. It seems that I am not as far along as I would like to be on this goal. My office keeps getting clutter due to my next goal. When I am doing the sorting and purging of things that I don’t want anymore, my office tends to get a bit messy.
2. Sell everything that I don’t want on Ebay or give it away. I think that I am doing pretty well on this goal. I still have a ways to go. Things have actually changed since the beginning of the year because I have decided that I no longer like to do certain hobbies so I have decided that the things associated with old hobbies must go.
How are you doing with your goals? Anything you would like to share?