As a business coach and consultant to massage therapists and other holistic health practitioners, I see the following two statements becoming increasingly apparent every day:
1. If you don’t have a web site, you are missing out.
2. If you do have a web site, if you’re like 95% of the practices out there, your site is NOT set up to be a powerful marketing tool for your practice that generates a steady stream of new patients.
Just to give you a personal example of what my web site did for my massage practice — it was my #2 marketing tool, generating approximately.
These results were accomplished using:
-the strategies I mention below
-the high quality design of the site itself
-consistently marketing the site within my practice
If you want results like these, I encourage you to keep reading.
We are an era where the majority of people are searching for the information they need online. In 2006, the internet overtook the yellow pages as the #1 information source that people turn to when they are looking for specific services.
What this means is that there are potential clients who are looking for the services you offer right now on the internet. Will they find you? Or your competitor?
You say “But Linda, I have a web site!” I say that is fantastic but it is not enough.
In order for your website to work effectively, there are several essential components that needs to be in place in order for it to get noticed and get clients calling. These include:
1. Effective search engine optimization. This is how search engines like Google, Yahoo, et. index the specific service and location of your practice. There are few therapists that take the time to understand in search engine optimization and it is a critical step in helping your site do better in the search engine results.
2. Effective copywriting. Your site cannot just be an online brochure that tells people who you are, what you do, what your credentials are, and where you practice. It has to do a lot more than that if it’s going to consistently generate new clients. Copywriting is the art of writing in a way that compels people to take action. If you don’t have experience doing this, then this is a task that you want to hire someone to do.
3. Effective leads. You need a way to capture the prospect’s contact information so you can build a relationship with them by sending them valuable information on a consistent basis.
4. Quality content. Your site should be content rich with lots of information on various conditions. This is a great way to get higher up the search ranking.
5. Effective formatting. Your site has to have a very clean look and feel to it. It should be easy to navigate.
These are just some of the details that go into creating a web site that actually does what it’s supposed to do: generate new clients and establish your credibility as an expert in your field.
I want a web site like this, but doesn’t costs thousands of dollars!
A few years ago, people were spending a substantial amount of money for web design alone (it wasn’t uncommon to spend $1-3,000 just on the website, then another $1-2,000 on search engine optimization and another $1-3,000 on copywriting and marketing help). In fact, there are still many web development companies charging these fees today.
If you don’t have thousands of dollars to spend on getting your web site designed, search engine optimized, and formatted for maximum success. I’m here to help!
Let me design a web site for you that does all of the above and more, plus you get my personal assistance to help with copywriting and making the website a very powerful marketing tool for your practice.
How can I do this so much cheaper than what you’d typically pay?
Well, I have all worked on and designed many web sites, plus I am using WordPress template.
OK Linda, but how much does it cost?
With this package you get all of the following:
Full web site design with a 5 page website (you provide the copy)
Search engine optimization
1 hour coaching call with Linda to make sure your web site has the right selling features, copywriting, and formatting.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does it take to have my web site up and ready?
Most client’s sites are done within 1-3 weeks.
Can I add a blog to my website? How does that work?
Adding a blog to your website is a very good idea to get more traffic to your site and to create an educational portal that will be beneficial to your current clients. Since I’m using the WordPress platform, it is very easy to start writing posts.
What if I want to add audio or video to my website?
This can easily be done.
How many revisions do I get before I decide to go with the design?
I will provide you with the completed website which you can review it and make your final changes. I will make those. After you check to make sure everything is correct, additional changes will be billed at the hourly rate.
Are there any other charges?
Additional charges are for the registration of your domain name (if it is new) which is usually around $12 per year and your hosting fee which are paid directly to those service providers. I use Gator Host and they have been excellent. They have packages starting as little as $4.95 per month. I’ll help you do this once we get started. If you want to set up an opt in form and collect contact information and do online newsletters (highly recommended), the email marketing companies that I recommend are $20-30 per month. The only other charge is if you want to have me build a more extensive website than 5 pages. Additional work will be billed at the rate of $60 per hour.
Can I get these services elsewhere for cheaper?
Possibly, but I haven’t found any web package that includes all of what we do that is as affordable anywhere else. Also keep in mind that it is very difficult to find a web designer that has the skill and talent to create a very high quality website for the holistic health professions. The value of my web site package is the LOW price combined with the extremely HIGH quality of the work. I haven’t seen anywhere near the value offered in this program elsewhere.
How does this service compare to other template web site services out there?
There are many differences. First of all, you typically don’t get any copywriting or marketing help with other services, which is crucial if you want your site to get a lot of traffic and new clients coming in the door. Most template services charge anywhere from $20-60 per month for hosting. There are many more options as well, like adding audio, video, blog, and an opt in form which are all outstanding features that typically can’t be offered through most template website services. I encourage you to check out the other services available, their prices, and their quality—and then see for yourself what a tremendous value this package is.
Ready to get started? Great!
Please note that this web package should be perfect for you unless:
1. You are a perfectionist to the point of being excessively nit picky and demanding. If you have a mentality that ‘it’s never good enough’, then this isn’t right for you. I’m happy to make modifications and changes as you desire up to a point. I want you to have a beautiful web site. However, I won’t work with clients who are excessively rigid or unrealistic in their expectations.
2. You are a procrastinator. I want to work with clients who are ready and willing to get their web site up and running as efficiently as possible. If it takes weeks or months to get the right materials, it slows us down and it slows you down.